After two years of the pandemic, business seems to be getting back to business as usual everywhere. For some production print resellers, there wasn’t much of a business interruption, for others, things did indeed slow down. Whichever the case, now’s the time to escape the pandemic doldrums that may have prevented you from engaging with customers and even the vendors whose products you sell. It’s time to reconnect. The benefits of doing so are numerous. Let’s look at some of the benefits of reconnecting with customers as well as production print workflow software developers and hardware manufacturers who depend on you to get their products to your customers.
- Reconnecting with customers and prospects allows you to gauge the temperature of their business. This will allow you to determine how healthy it is after the pandemic and pinpoint areas where your offerings can help them get back on track. For example, if they are now employing fewer staff, perhaps a Web to Print solution such as WebCRD can help them further reduce costs while raising efficiency or a workflow solution such as QDirect can manage output and automate production print workflows.
- Reconnecting with your customers and prospects can also help them prepare for the future by implementing new technology and the latest software. For example, new versions of RSA software, including ImpactVDP were introduced last year, making these programs more versatile than ever.
- Reconnecting with your production software and equipment vendors enables you to discover what’s new and improved as well as what products are in the pipeline, so you’ll be better prepared to meet the current and future needs of your customers. Knowing what’s coming also provides you with another reason to reconnect with customers and prospects.
- Reconnecting with your hardware and software vendors can also be a source for the latest information and research about the production print industry. This can be shared with customers and prospects before or during a sales call, further cementing your status as a trusted advisor rather than someone who is just trying to sell them something.
May we suggest this upcoming session about future-proofing a print operation? The session will include a large printer's automation story, and discussion by industry experts of the latest trends and the role that workflow software can play in future-proofing a print shop.
- Now that industry events and conferences such as PRINTING United are back on track for 2022, reconnecting with customers, print shop customers outside your territory, vendors, and industry colleagues at these conferences will up your game as a reseller of hardware and software.
While you did your best to reconnect throughout the pandemic even if customers and prospects were delaying purchasing decisions, the benefit of reconnecting is stronger customer and vendor relationships, which will lead to more sales.
Ready, set, reconnect!
Reconnect with Rochester Software Associates
Discover what's new in production print workflow with your local RSA BDM. We will provide you with expertise and the resources to future-proof your print shop customers using a range of workflow software solutions that work universally with all production print vendor's printers.