In 2005 the University’s managers decided it was past time to revamp the school’s in-plant printing operation. Some of the equipment in use was as old as the school and a convoluted process for ordering print had arisen over the years. A PDF-based Web-to-print system has helped increase customer satisfaction and improve print production efficiency.
- Improve process used for placing and tracking print jobs
- Replace aging equipment with more efficient devices
|faculty, staff, students
- Jobs can be printed and delivered within one day
- Jobs can be submitted electronically
- Hundreds of jobs can be managed by a small staff (14 people)
Simon Fraser University Uses Web-to-Print to Improve Process
PODi is a global, member-supported not-for-profit organization. The PODi library consists of over 500 digital printing and marketing case studies from around the world. See more PODi case studies by going to www.podi.org.