The training can be taken in any sequence, but we recommend the same order in which they are listed below.
Placing Orders with WebCRD
This 1.5-hour session is designed for anyone who needs to understand the WebCRD Ordering process and for those people who will be responsible for training your end users on placing orders in WebCRD. It will cover:
- How to place an order by uploading a file.
- How to place an order from a Catalog.
- How to manage your personal files and place orders using these files.
- How to place an order without an electronic file.
- How to track placed orders and re-order previously submitted orders.
- How to manage your WebCRD Account.
Managing Production with WebCRD Pro and Base
This 1.5-hour session is designed for anyone who will be responsible for using WebCRD to fulfill orders and anyone who need to understand this process and the available tools. It will cover:
- Understanding the Production phases.
- The required steps for fulfilling and order.
- The option steps for fulfilling an order.
- How to review and modify an order; including print options and jobs costs.
- How to release a job for fulfillment.
System Administration Part 1: Configuring the Ordering Process (WebCRD)
This 1.5-hour session is the first of two sessions designed for those people who will be responsible for creating and maintaining the desired configurations of your WebCRD server. It will cover:
- How to add, maintain, and remove ordering options; including paperstocks, fininshing options, and 1 Click Print options.
- How to configure Shipping options; including print shop Working Hours, the desired Date Selection Method, and Shipping Carriers.
- How to set up and maintain Account Codes.
- How to set up and maintain pricing with, both Job Cost Estimating and Advanced Job Cost Estimating.
System Administration Part 2: Managing Users, Resources, Sessions, and Data (WebCRD)
This 1.5-hour session is the second of two sessions designed for those people who will be responsible for creating and maintaining the desired configurations of your WebCRD server. It will cover:
- How to add and mange users individually and using Entitlements.
- How to collect user contact information.
- How to customize system generated emails.
- How to view and manage system resources.
- How to run and customize WebCRD reports.
- How to customize the look and feel of the WebCRD user interface.
Creating and Maintaining Catalogs, Including Variable Data Templates (WebCRD)
This 1.5-hour session is designed is designed for anyone wishing to make print and non-print materials available for ordering through WebCRD. It will teach participants how to create, configure, and maintain Catalogs. It will cover:
- How to create an ordering Catalog.
- How to organize and populate Catalog content.
- How to set up print and order options for Catalog items.
- How to upload and configure variable data templates.
- How to copy content from one Catalog to another.
- How to manage Catalog access.
Please note: This session does NOT teach how to create variable data templates. If you are not familiar with these tools, please visit the following resources:
Introduction to ImpactVDP
This 1.5 hour session is designed for anyone who will be designing variable data templates with ImpactVDP. It will cover:
- How to select a template Layout.
- How to select and existing Page Size and define a custom page size.
- An introduction to the available template elements, how to add them to a template, and how to customize the selections.
- An introduction to the available element formatting options.
- How to lock elements to prevent customized styling and/or positioning.
- How to test templates while in the ImpactVDP Designer.
- How to set template Impositions.
- How to save templates and import them into WebCRD Catalogs for customer ordering.
Managing Inventory with WebCRD's AutoStock
This 1.5-hour session is designed for inventory managers and administrators. It is only applicable to customers who have licensed WebCRD's AutoStock module. It will show attendees how to set up and manage inventory tracking for their print and non-print inventory items. It will cover:
- How to add and mange inventory items.
- How to create Suppliers and associate them with inventory items.
- How to categorize inventory types.
- How to update and replace On Hand quantities of inventory items.
- How to generate and fulfill replenishment requests.
- How to run inventory reports.
Moving to WebCRD 11 (Upgrade Training for Existing Customers)
This one hour course will introduce attendees to the new features and enhancements available in WebCRD 11.
Introduction to ReadyPrint
This one and half hour course is designed for Print Shop personnel and will introduce users to the most in demand tasks available in ReadyPrint. It will cover:
- The different editing views available in ReadyPrint.
- How to customize the Favorites bar for easy access to include the most common tasks.
- How to remove lines and hole punches from a document.
- How to delete areas as desired.
- The tools available to de-skew a document.
- The methods available to add Tabs to a document.
- How to add Annotations to a document.
- How to save Annotations and add to other documents.
- How to add page numbers to a document.
- How to impose files as desired.
- How to create Booklets.
- How to scale and rotate documents as desired.
- How to create and apply ReadyPrint Templates.
The Fundamentals of QDirect
This 1.5-hour session is designed for Print Shop personnel and QDirect Administrators. It will introduce attendees to the job window, the available methods for locating and modifying print jobs and releasing them to printers. It will cover:
- How to locate jobs using the available sort and filter options.
- How to view and modify jobs
- How to create custom job views.
- How to configure drag and drop settings between Job Panels.
- How to schedule jobs to be sent the desired Destination.
- How to release jobs to the desired Destination.
- How to set the status of Origins and Destinations.
- How to schedule open and close times for Destinations.
- How to add and manage Users.
- How to run the QDirect Accounting Report.
Ask the Trainer Open Session (WebCRD and QDirect Only)
If you have a quick how-to question about RSA WebCRD or QDirect, join one of our regularly scheduled Ask the Trainer open training sessions. These Web-based training sessions are open to any customer who wants to join. Ask the trainer your question, and if possible, we will show you the answer immediately, on screen so you can follow along. NOTE - Ask the Trainer is intended for quick advice on where to find a setting or how to do a common task, and for customers whose WebCRD or QDirect is already fully-installed. For all other issues, you should open a new Help Desk Case with RSA Customer Service.
Alternatively, send an email to AskTheTrainer@rocsoft.com. Someone will get back to you via email within 1-2 days.