Technical Analyst - Not your usual Tech Support - Multiple OpportunitiesDirect Hire Rochester, NY (Possibility of U.S. virtual/remote) October 22, 2021
Rochester Software Associates, Inc. (RSA) is a leading innovator of software solutions for the digital production print market. We are a very stable, successful, 30-year-old software company with a huge list of Fortune 1000 customers. We develop, sell and support software that enables organizations to print more efficiently. We are focused on long term customer satisfaction and continual product development.
SEEKING: Candidates with a strong Linux background and communication skills. Are you someone who likes to tinker and learn new things? Are you a maker? Do you have a desire to use technology to solve problems and create solutions? Are you someone that has used your passion for technology to make your life more efficient? Do you enjoy documenting your projects and sharing what you have learned with others? RSA is looking for candidates like you to remotely install, configure and support RSA's enterprise-class solutions. You must be highly self-motivated, possess the ability to work with a team and have a desire to grow and take on added responsibility.
* We are not able to sponsor an H1-B Visa.
A minimum of a 2-year degree or 5+ years of experience in a relevant field is required. A technology-related degree is strongly preferred, as are advanced degrees.
- Install enterprise-class software solutions for our Fortune 1000 customers
- Provide technical support to help customers succeed with our solutions
- Collaborate with your peers, customers, partners, sales reps, IT organizations, software engineers, project managers, and product managers
- Project-manage installations, upgrades, and projects; provide timely status reports on same
- Enter and maintain all relevant information in RSA's CRM system
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Experience solving technical challenges
- Troubleshooting of software and systems
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Flexibility to manage competing priorities in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic project management skills and experience
- Technical support for software
- Linux shell scripting
- Firewalls and network troubleshooting
- SSH, LDAP/AD, Single Sign On
- Certifications in security, networking, project management, operating systems, etc.
- Knowledge of production printing and associated technologies
- Knowledge of mainframe printing (LCDS/IPDS)
- Experience leading long-term technology projects