Software Development in Test Co-opCo-Op Rochester, NY (US remote/virtual during COVID-19)) September 29, 2021
Are you passionate about product quality? Does the idea of solving challenging problems in a collaborative software company with exceptional peers set your pulse racing? Are you interested in making a difference? Are you driven by using your skills to solve problems?
RSA supports and enhances enterprise solutions used by thousands of organizations worldwide. We encourage the best and brightest software engineers to apply.
NOTE: RSA employees are currently working remotely from home. RSA’s office in downtown Rochester will reopen when the company decides it is safe to do so. For now, you will need a place to work remotely to perform your work for RSA and a reliable internet connection. Additionally, RSA will consider a fully remote candidate working from one of these US states: AL, FL, KS, MA, NC, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, and WI.
RSA is an equal opportunity employer.
Rochester Software Associates, Inc. is looking for creative problem solvers to assure the quality of our software offerings. At RSA, our QA Engineers work closing with software developers, product management, customer service, and support staff in the service of quality and performance of our products.
Junior or Senior (preferred) Software Engineering or Computer Science major.
Spring/summer 2022 co-op availability.
As an SQA co-op, you will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle, from requirements gathering meetings through release and maintenance. You will be vital in the development of new tests, maintenance of old tests, implementation of new features in our custom built testing framework, and testing all aspects of the software we provide.
- Create and update automated test cases; enhance automated testing framework using Java/Python
- Test all aspects of the application software (client and server) using industry standard manual test procedures
- Record details and test procedures in tracking system
- Work with team to enhance our software development practices and reduce our time to market
- Other duties as assigned by your manager
- Knowledge and passion for QA and its methodologies and applications
- Understanding and experience with Java and Python
- Familiarity with Linux operating system and commands
- Outstanding communications, time management, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented
- Thorough knowledge of Bugzilla, or other bug tracking software
- Source control using Git
- Web and object-oriented applications development
- Experience with Selenium, or other automated testing frameworks a plus
- Testing web and Java-based applications is desired
- Experience working in an agile environment is desired