IT Manager (Software Development Company) - HybridDirect Hire Rochester, NY (Hybrid during COVID) February 18, 2022
The IT Manager for Rochester Software Associates, Inc. is responsible for providing and managing critical software development IT infrastructure and network connectivity consisting of approximately 12 physical and multiple virtual servers and 75+ local and remote desktops running Windows and Linux OS. The manager provides leadership and coaching for the IT team while setting vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of polices, standards and procedures. The successful candidate must have good management skills, proven professional experience, be highly self-motivated, collaborative and have a desire to grow and take on new responsibility.
Rochester Software Associates, Inc. (RSA) Rochester Software Associates is a software development firm that markets, sells and supports our own suite of award-winning industry leading digital printing workflow software. If you are creative, energetic, motivated and enjoy a collaborative environment, this is the place for you.
RSA employees are currently working remotely from home offices. RSA’s office in downtown Rochester will reopen when the company decides it is safe to do so. This is a hybrid position.
Bachelor of Science in IT, MIS, or other technology field is required.
IT related certificates preferred.
- Support day-to-day operations of network, physical and VM servers, and client PCs
- Provide technical expertise, critical thinking. Independently research and resolve complex IT issues
- Develop and implement appropriate functional disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Review requirements, research alternatives, make recommendations, negotiate pricing for hardware and software solutions
- Purchase and manage software/hardware licenses
- Manage assets through assets management system
- Support end users who possess a wide range of technical skills in a fast and dynamic environment
- Plan for growth of the internal network, network services and make recommendations on best practices for external-facing applications
- Work with RSA Information Security Team to monitor network security, troubleshoot, and resolve security threats.
- Work with RSA Information Security Team to perform periodic security reviews of RSA Corporate web applications.
- Update IT policies and procedures, implement and enforce them
- Maintain site books and documentation
- This position requires 24x7 availability.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills on multiple platforms Windows, Linux
- Demonstrate knowledge of Linux administration relative to networking, storage management, user/group creation
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills of ESXi, VMware, and vSphere virtual environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, CRM, Dynamics
- PC Diagnostics and Repair skills
- Knowledge of cyber security methodologies is a plus
- Ability to bring out the best in others, provide professional development and technical guidance
- Demonstrate utmost attention to detail, superior multitasking, organization, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate strong project management skills
- Outstanding analytical, communication and organization skills – written and verbal.
Rochester Software Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment. All RSA employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, parental status, veteran, disability, or any other protected class or characteristic.
- 6+ years of complex and in-depth IT experience
- Experience building, configuring, and troubleshooting:
- Experience with server virtualization
- Experience with OpenVPN or similar
- Experience with intrusion detection penetration testing and vulnerability assessment is a plus
- Experience with network topologies and architecture
- Experience with Active Directory and LDAP
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity
- Experience providing leadership and professional development
- Project Management experience.
Special Requirements: Candidates should understand that this is a service position and one of custodianship. Must be proactive whenever possible and be prepared to be reactive when problems occur. Candidates will be challenged with unique problems and will need to possess strong self-motivation, time management, and confidence in their abilities. Ideal candidates will know that no problem is too small or too large to be accomplished.